The 30-year-old will bring his loveable charm and hilarious turns of phrase to the hit reality dating series on Bravo.
Every sentence the Queensland-raised athlete spits out is an instant classic. Exhibit A: his explanation of why he adopted the nickname ‘Honey Badger’ in honour of the fearless animal.
“I watched this thing and this honey badger was going toe-to-toe with a male lion,” he explained in a post-match interview. “It was underneath him—an underdog, obviously. It was on its back, clawing away. One, two. Then the big fella got his canastas clawed off and he trotted off round the corner and fell over and the badger gets back up and I thought, what an animal. That’s impressive.”
Ahead of The Bachelor 2018, we round up the Badge’s greatest quotes to date.
1. “I’ve gone up and over and bloody head over biscuit.”
2. “You’re as tough as woodpecker lips.”
3. “I just saw the line, pinned me ears back and ended bagging a bit of meat in the corner there, which was tops!”
4. “He’s a pretty quick rooster alright. You don’t show him the sideline that’s for sure.”
5. “The boys were on it like seagulls at a tip.”
6. “Mate we’re just more focused on treading softly and carrying a big stick.”
7. “When you come into this game, I suppose you’ve got to show the patience of the Dalai Lama.”
8. “Holy tomorrow. How good? Bloody, you beauty.”
9. “If I end up getting’ a gig, mate I’ll be going off like a cut snake.”
10. “Yeah mate I bloody was like a rat up a drainpipe in one of them runs there.”
11.“My old man woke me up in the morning. He was going off like a bag of cats.”
12. “Last year we were all sizzle and no steak, but now we’re off like a bride’s nightie”.
— The Project (@theprojecttv) March 15, 2018
13. “I can throw a few things out there, gasbag and, you know, chinwags and yarns and spin-offs and, you know, all those fun things. But when you get that confused look as if [to say], ‘Are you a weirdo,’ that’s when you know you’ve got to rein that in and start talking English again.”
The Bachelor Australia is coming soon to Bravo!